Available in spanish
|Institution Name:||Universidad Industrial de Santander|
|Creation:||Ordinance No. 83 of 1944 (June 22) By which the Universidad Industrial de Santander was created.|
The Universidad Industrial de Santander is a public institution that trains citizens as integral, ethical, politically aware and innovative professionals; it appropriates, uses, creates, transfers and disseminates knowledge through research, scientific, technological and social innovation, artistic creation and the promotion of culture; it builds collaborative processes and social trust for the anticipation of opportunities, the recognition of challenges and the construction of solutions to its own needs and those of the environment.
This institutional work, energized by diverse and open networks of knowledge and learning, seeks to strengthen a democratic, participatory, deliberative and pluralistic society, with social justice and equity, committed to the preservation of the environment and good living.
By the year 2030 the Universidad Industrial de Santander will be recognized in the national and international environment as an intellectual, ethical and diverse community that educates to interpret the challenges of the world, that is open to new ways of thinking and that manages knowledge for the advancement and transformation of society and culture towards the improvement of the quality of life. The UIS, in order to strengthen the public nature that is proper to it, will have acted in a meaningful way and in accordance with human rights for the conservation of biodiversity, sustainable development, peaceful coexistence, social cohesion and democracy.
Since its official beginning on March 1st, 1948, the life of the Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS) has been marked by significant moments that have influenced the development and consolidation of the institutional project of public higher education that defines it today.Read full text.
LYRICS: FELIX MARTINEZ, Pbro.
MUSIC: ANDRES ROSA, Pbro.
Salve Atenas, gloriosa y bendita
que en el cielo te vimos nacer,
de esa tierra que ardiente palpita
con el alma del gran Santander (bis).
Es la ciencia destello divino
para el hombre sublime esplendor
y que eleva su noble destino
por senderos de gloria y honor.
En tus aulas se enciende una llama,
manantial de torrentes de luz,
facultades que al orbe proclaman
de la patria el emblema y la cruz.
Salve Atenas, gloriosa y bendita
que en el cíelo te vimos nacer,
de esta tierra que ardiente palpita
con el alma del gran Santander (bis).
|The symbol was built by Santander designer David Consuegra.|
In this logo, the outline of the lines and the composition of the elements only seek what is essentially necessary and the dynamic transparency of its meanings, for this reason the graphic economy concentrates in the nominal construction UIS, a semantic constellation indicative of the institutionality (U), the specificity of its academic ethos (I) and its regional territorial condition (S), a significant complex that is synthesized and absorbed in the proper name as in a privileged point of convergence for the observer's gaze.
This concentration makes the acronym, as a graphic synthesis of the proper name, the lexical place in which the University is named, recognized and welcomes the totalizing plurality of its institutional significance. This sense is reinforced by the roundness of the lines that seek to close this semiotic universe in the insinuated image traced by the circular lines that welcome the name and orient all the elements towards the unity of the form that welcomes them in a suggestive and effective integration.
This symbol is inscribed in the square, not as a closed proposal but nuanced by the lines that round and soften the intersections; thus reaffirming the sense of stability and harmonic anchorage of the logo, since its insertion in one of the paradigmatic figures of space defines the condition of necessary limit to which human things must always attend.
WE ARE BUILDING THE FUTURE is the expression that reaffirms the communitarian purpose of advancing in solidarity in the historical task of elaborating on a daily basis the scientific and cultural experience that assures the University its permanence in time and its social validity. It is also clear that the verb is summoning an ethical plural, as corresponds to the collective spirit of the work that is assigned to the academic community, which of course, does not give margin to the dispersed "I" but to the transcendence of an action of thinking and building oriented to the public, that is to say, to the social interest.
The color that has been adopted as an integral element of the institutional identity of the Universidad Industrial de Santander is GREEN, a striking color that symbolizes hope, and a chromatic sign that evokes the idea of man's openness towards everything that is possible to build, towards utopia, towards the best for society, which is implicit in the educational task.
|To represent the identity of the faculties, a range of colors was also adopted, which in essence symbolize in one way or another the knowledge generated there.|
The Luis A. Calvo auditorium, the highest academic and cultural precinct of our University, is the anchor point of an abstract process that culminates in the fixation of the basic lines, in which the design of this emblem is concentrated, whose visual reference points are oriented, in the first instance, towards the symbolic function of the four columns. It is in them where the idea of the foundation of a stable figure is determined which, in the case of our Institution, alludes to the firm tradition on which its academic project is based and which is taken up as the dialectic foundation of its projection and spirit of renewal.
This symbol is the sense of a classical simplicity, an economy of well-arranged elements, harmonious and balanced by a symmetry that generates the sensation of an elegance that is not fortuitous but the obvious result of a meditated composition, which seeks to highlight the idea that truth always emerges from the very simplicity of its fundamental elements. It is also seen how, from that solid anchorage, the columns project towards the height that is also future in time and, with that notion of openness, the emblem welcomes the sense of modernity of an institution that, without losing the necessary foundation of its tradition, has as the basis of its affirmation a prospective idea, an entire disposition towards the future that it assumes with a confident serenity and that vigorously points to the idea according to which, the Universidad Industrial de Santander is alive in time.
The UIS, an official institution of the departmental order, is fundamentally aimed at the formation of man, through the generation and dissemination of knowledge in its various branches.
As an academic institution of higher education, its organizational structure is framed around knowledge in five faculties: Physical-Mechanical Engineering, Physical-Chemical Engineering, Sciences, Health and Humanities, which combine the fields of knowledge in which the University carries out teaching, research and extension activities.
The Faculties are academic and administrative units that group related fields and disciplines of knowledge, professors, administrative personnel, goods and resources, with the purpose of guiding, planning, promoting, coordinating, integrating and evaluating activities of the Schools and Departments under their charge, in accordance with the policies and criteria issued by the Superior Council (highest governing body of the University) and the Academic Council (highest academic authority). Each Faculty is directed by the Dean and the Faculty Council and has, for the orientation, promotion and coordination of research and extension activities, a Director of Research who reports to the Dean.
The Schools are academic and administrative units that group one or several related fields of knowledge and develop undergraduate or graduate academic, research and extension programs. Each School has a Director who is advised by the School Council and is in charge of the professor and administrative personnel assigned to it. Only the School of Medicine has a deputy director, due to the number of academic specialization programs it manages.
The Schools of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications; Mechanical Engineering; Industrial and Business Studies; Civil Engineering; Systems Engineering and Industrial Design depend on the School of Physical and Mechanical Engineering.
The School of Physicochemical Engineering is made up of the Schools of Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Science Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Geology.
The Schools of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Mathematics are part of the Faculty of Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
The Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Microbiology, Physiotherapy and Nutrition are part of the School of Health.
From the Faculty of Human Sciences, the Schools of: Social Work, Languages, Education, Arts and Humanities: Social Work, Languages, Education, Arts, Law and Political Science, History, Philosophy and Economics and Administration.
The Departments are academic and administrative units dependent on a Faculty or School, which provide services to one or more Schools and develop research and extension programs, in accordance with the policies and guidelines of the University.
Thus, the Sports Department belongs to the Faculty of Human Sciences, and the Departments of Basic Sciences, Surgery, Gynecobstetrics, Internal Medicine, Pathology, Pediatrics, Mental Health and Public Health depend on the School of Medicine.
The Institute of Regional Projection and Distance Education - IPRED, an academic-administrative unit attached to the Rectory of the University, is responsible for strengthening institutional action in the regions, based on the development of the mission functions of training, research and extension. In the exercise of its competencies, it makes decisions directly related to the regional Campuses, and is the body in charge of administering the programs offered by the UIS in the distance and virtual education modalities.
IPRED promotes regional development by integrating the various sectors and social actors in the formulation and implementation of undergraduate and graduate academic programs and projects with regional relevance and identity and international perspective. The Institute bases its work on pedagogical innovation and the significant incorporation of information and communication technologies.
General Organization ChartSee General Organization Chart.
University activities are currently carried out at ten Campuses located in Bucaramanga (3), Piedecuesta (1), Barbosa (1), Malaga (1), Socorro (2), Barrancabermeja (1) and Floridablanca (1).
The Central Campus is located in the northern part of the Bucaramanga plateau, on an area of 25.5 hectares, where the buildings of the Faculties of Physical and Chemical Engineering, Physical and Mechanical Engineering, Basic Sciences and Human Sciences are located, in addition to the areas of Bienestar Estudiantil, the Institute of Regional Projection and Distance Education, the Central Library, administrative offices, auditoriums, workshops, laboratories, museums, sports fields and the Coliseum.
FACULTY OF HEALTH
The School of Health, located next to the Santander University Hospital, is located on a 1.24 hectare site. It currently houses the schools of Medicine, Microbiology, Physiotherapy, Nursing and Nutrition; additionally, the Institute of Interdisciplinary Programs in Primary Health Care - PROINAPSA -, the Center for Research in Tropical Diseases and the Luís Carlos Galán Sarmiento and Founders auditoriums are located there.
CAMPUS UIS BUCARICA
Building acquired by the University in 1998, located at Cra 19 # 35-02, on an area of 3500 square meters. It currently houses the Law Office, attached to the School of Law, the Conciliation Center, several research groups, the offices of Internal Disciplinary Control, the alternate offices of the Rectory, the AM and FM radio stations of the University, among other dependencies. In addition, there are conference spaces such as the Santander Hall, the Hormiga Hall and the Macaregua exhibition hall.
Located in the Guatiguará valley of the municipality of Piedecuesta, with an area of 13.55 hectares, distributed in three properties. The University's research center is located there. It houses the Corporation for Corrosion Research, the Research Laboratory and graduate classrooms in Industrial Microbiology, Biohydrometallurgy, Rheology, Catalysis, Plasma, Materials Characterization, Differential Thermal Analysis and Optics laboratories. It also houses the crops necessary for the agricultural and livestock programs. It also houses the University's modern research building with a constructed area of 6973 m2 and 39 laboratories, equipped with modern research equipment. Additionally, there are two buildings for Business Management in Science and Technology, the first with a built area of 5000 m2 and the second with an area of 7000 m2, which will house the companies that through inter-administrative agreements are committed to research through tripartite alliances university, business, state.
CAMPUS SOCORRO CONVENT
The UIS Campus in Socorro is located on an area of 1.7 hectares. The basic cycles for the programs of the Faculty of Physical and Mechanical Engineering, such as Civil, Electrical, Electronic, Industrial, Mechanical and Systems Engineering, are carried out there. In addition, the basic cycles of Geology, Metallurgical Engineering, and Petroleum Engineering, belonging to the Faculty of Physical-Chemical Engineering, are carried out. Distance education programs such as Technology and Business Management, Pharmacy Regency, Fine Arts, Legal Technology and Agricultural Technology are also developed. Currently, about 600 students from the provinces from Comunera, Guanajuato and Velez are being trained.
CAMPUS SOCORRO BICENTENARIO
The UIS Socorro Campus also has a campus called "Bicentenario", which has an area of 3.5 hectares. It is located on the eastern side of the municipality of Socorro within the urban perimeter. This property was donated by the Municipality of Socorro to the Universidad Industrial de Santander in 2011. Among the buildings located on this campus, there is the Bicentennial Library in which on the first level there is a general room with capacity for 120 people, an exhibition hall, sanitary units for men and sanitary units for women, on the second level a children's room with capacity for thirty-five children and sanitary units for boys and girls, on the third level, three administrative offices, a meeting room for eight people and two sanitary units.
There is also the Administration and Classroom building, built under the environmental sustainability parameters set forth in the Campus Infrastructure Master Plan, where priority was given to the use of regional materials such as wood and rammed earth. It has 30 multimedia classrooms and 2 laboratories.
It began its activities in mid-1997 with about 150 students from the Magdalena Medio region. The Campus of the UIS in the oil port is located in front of the ECOPETROL Polyclinic and has an area of 2.6 hectares, adjacent is the Alejandro Galvis Galvis library, which provides services to the university community and the general public.
In addition to the distance education programs currently offered by the UIS, the Institute of Regional Projection and Distance Education is developing the basic cycle for Civil, Electrical, Electronic, Industrial, Mechanical, Systems, Metallurgy, Petroleum and Geology engineering through the Direction of the Institute of Regional Projection and Distance Education.
It is developed on a 2.44 hectare lot. The UIS Campus in Malaga began its activities in 1996, after the transfer of students and resources from the Fundación Universitaria García Rovira Norte y Gutiérrez. It currently offers programs in Forestry Engineering, Animal Husbandry and the basic cycle for Civil, Electrical, Electronic, Industrial, Mechanical, Systems, Metallurgical, Petroleum and Geology engineering, in addition to distance learning programs.
It is developed on a lot of 10.2 hectares, has a built area of 5402 M2, distributed in two buildings constructed in 2008, where the administrative areas, classrooms, auditorium and computer lab are concentrated.
Currently, in addition to the distance education plans, the basic cycle is offered for the Civil, Electrical, Electronic, Industrial, Mechanical, Systems, Metallurgical, Petroleum and Geology engineering programs.
With the purpose of strengthening and enhancing the regional academic offer of quality, in an agreement between the Mayor's Office of Floridablanca, the Departmental Government and the Universidad Industrial de Santander, an educational project is formulated to offer technical and technological programs in the areas of business, health, information technology and arts and crafts.
This offer will be provided in a 14 thousand square meter building, located in the former premises of the Licorera de Santander, in the municipality of Floridablanca, where there is an infrastructure of 33 classrooms, 7 computer rooms, 9 laboratories, 4 multiple classrooms, 1 cafeteria, an auditorium with capacity for 212 people and a library with independent access to facilitate the entry of the entire community.
Institutional Development Plan
Bylaws and Regulations
The following are some of the most important documents of the Universidad Industrial de Santander. Due to their legal nature, these documents can only be consulted in Spanish.
- Estatuto General
- Reglamento Académico - Estudiantil de Pregrado. Acuerdo No. 72 de 1982 (Octubre 8).
- Reglamento Disciplinario Estudiantil Acuerdo No. 073 de 2014 (Diciembre 15).
- Reglamento del Profesor. Acuerdo No. 063 de 1994 (Octubre 5).
- Reglamento de Propiedad Intelectual. Acuerdo No. 093 de 2010 (Diciembre 12).
- Estatuto de Contratación (12 diciembre) Acuerdo 079 de 2019.
- Ley 30. Por la cual se organiza el Servicio Público de la Educación Superior ( 28 de Dic. 1992 ).
- Reglamento de Biblioteca. Dependencia de la vicerrectoría académica.
- Reglamento del Personal Administrativo. Acuerdo 074 de 1980.
- Reglamento del Profesor Cátedra Acuerdo No. 068 de 2018 (Septiembre 19).
- Reglamento de prestación de servicios de la Unidad de Salud UISALUD. Acuerdo No. 22 de 2016 (Marzo 18).
Reglamento para la prestación de Servicios de Bienestar Universitario
- Acuerdo 060 de 2008. Por el cual se modifica y adicional el Acuerdo del Consejo Superior 090 de 1984.
- Acuerdo 90 de 1984. Por el cual se aprueba el Reglamento para la prestación de los Servicios ofrecidos a los estudiantes por la Sección de Bienestar Universitario.
- Acta 27 de1986. (Octubre 20).
Reglamento de Consultorio Jurídico y Centro de Conciliación
- Acuerdo 062 de 2010 (Agosto 20). Por el cual se ratifica el Reglamento Interno del Consultorio jurídico de la Escuela de Derecho y Ciencia Política de la Universidad Industrial de Santander.
- Acuerdo 063 de 2010 (Agosto 20). Por el cual se ratifica el Reglamento Interno del Centro de Conciliación adscrito al Consultorio jurídico de la Escuela de Derecho y Ciencia Política de la Universidad Industrial de Santander.
- Institutional self-evaluation report 2021.
- Appendixes - Institutional self-evaluation report 2021.
- Executive summary.
- Graphic elements - videos: Results of the institutional self-assessment 2021.
- Presentation and synopsis of the UIS
- Description of the self-assessment process
- Self-assessment results 3.1 Factor 1 - Mission and institutional project 3.2 Factor 2 - Students and professors 3.3 Factor 3 - Academic processes 3.4 Factor 4 - Research 3.5 Factor 5 - Relevance and social impact 3.6 Factor 6. Self-evaluation and self-regulation 3.7 Factor 7. Institutional wellbeing 3.8 Factor 8. Organization, management and organization 3.9 Factor 9. Recursos de apoyo académico y planta física 3.10 Factor 10.Financial resources
- Quality judgment
- Improvement plan
- Appendix A. Hardware and software resources by school
- Appendix B. Self-evaluation process
- Appendix C. Weighting and justification
- Appendix D. Survey of tenured professors
- Appendix E. Statistical analysis of the survey
- Appendix F. Self-assessment process
- Appendix G. Projects and consulting
- Appendix H. Financial statements for 2003 as of December 31.
- Appendix I. Investment Projects 2005 - 2007
- Appendix J. Management Plan
These three units constitute the University Directorate:
DECLARATION FOR UNIVERSITY CITIZENSHIP
The main purpose of this Declaration for University Citizenship is to generate the conditions for the exercise of the Universidad Industrial de Santander's mission functions. The University Management will assiduously watch over the fulfillment of the commitments acquired in it.
PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
The Declaration for University Citizenship is based on the recognition of preferential cultural principles and values:
- Respect for human dignity. It is based on the requirement to consider the other as an end in itself and not as a means and implies the recognition of the value of each individual as a unique and irreplaceable being; respect for the physical, moral and psychological integrity of the human person and for his or her political, social and cultural rights.
- Moral autonomy. It compromises the capacity of human beings to decide freely and autonomously about their own ends without allowing others to choose them in their place.
- Legality. Understood as the act of governing the behavior of university students in accordance with the regulations that the Institution, in the exercise of its autonomy, has determined.
- Legitimacy. A social state of trust based on the recognition that the regulations and governance of an institution seek the common good.
- Dialogic attitude. It is based on the principle that without dissent there is no consensus and on the ability to provide reasons and motives in discursive and argumentative practices. It presupposes the recognition of the other as a valid interlocutor and, from the contrast of different points of view on reality, the possibility of modifying one's own convictions and of recognizing and rectifying one's own mistakes.
- Active tolerance. Promotes mutual recognition of differences and their inclusion in discursive and deliberative practices.
- Participation. It is assumed as an attitude and an action of permanent commitment to the achievement of the University's mission objectives. It contributes to the qualification of the decisions that affect the collegiate bodies.
- Responsibility. It implies the rational choice and the requirement to account for the consequences of one's actions and choices.
- Truthfulness in information. It is based on the reciprocal requirement to validate the communication based on first-hand information and without harming the person's right to the protection of his/her privacy.
MINIMUM COMMITMENTS FOR UNIVERSITY CITIZENSHIP
1. Defend and promote human rights. It imposes respect for people and for the primary goods without which a dignified life is not possible (the right to life, physical integrity, moral autonomy, freedom of expression and movement, and personal development).
2. Recognize the University City. It entails the conditions of belonging to and esteeming the city. Belonging is public and verifiable; esteem is mutual and reciprocal and is manifested in the duty of care, construction and preservation of public goods.
3. Active exercise of citizenship. It requires the recognition of the individual person as a subject of duties and rights, that is, committed to the defense and promotion of the values and preferential principles that self-regulate university life.
4. Recognizing the other as a valid interlocutor. This requires the acceptance that the dialogue is binding; it commits both the individual who engages in dialogue and those he or she legally represents.
5. Exercise individual autonomy. This implies the capacity to make one's own decisions and to assume the consequences that derive from them.
6. Recognize institutionalism. It demands, respecting the right to debate and civilized protest, the acceptance that the community and the university campus are governed by a university government, legally empowered with the right and duty to administer; therefore, the decisions it makes must be complied with by the entire university community.
7. Fulfill its commitments to society. This implies that the University should permanently and uninterruptedly carry out its mission functions: research, teaching and extension, in order to contribute to regional and national development.
8. Defend the public character of the University. It demands that the university environment be an open scenario and available for its good use, oriented towards the general interest. The University is a social good in which all citizens have rights and duties. It requires individual responsibility and accountability.
9. Building a culture of peace. This requires commitment to a pedagogy of peace and the search for conflict resolution through argumentation and the consolidation of a scenario of peaceful coexistence in which the closure of the University, the obstruction of the exercise of academic and work functions, violent and intimidating practices, vandalism and delinquent behavior, wherever they come from, have no place.
10. To practice pluralistic democratic participation as a model of political action for university students. It implies that the university city is built and renewed thanks to the public tender of the proposals and actions of each and every one of the members of its community.
11. Reconocer los principios inherentes a la ética de la información. Exige no sólo transparencia, pertinencia y suficiencia, sino además los criterios de veracidad y de verificación de las fuentes y un sentido de responsabilidad frente a su difusión.
Bucaramanga, July 2007.
UIS recognized by the Ministry of Communications
The Ministry of Communications and the Computadores para Educar Program awarded the PREMIO RATON to Universidad Industrial de Santander, in recognition of the higher education institution with the best performance indicators in the Deepening Phase of the program, in which seven universities -Cauca, Córdoba, Antioquia, Autónoma de Bucaramanga, Pedagógica, Distrital and UIS- participate.
UIS professor with a Senior Member degree in the IEEE.
Gabriel Ordóñez Plata, professor of the School of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications, achieved in the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - IEEE, the distinction at the highest level of this membership as Senior Member.
ACOFI AWARDED DISTINCTION TO UIS
In the framework of the XXVIII General Assembly of the Colombian Association of Engineering Schools - ACOFI, Dr. Jaime Alberto Camacho Pico, rector of the UIS, received a plaque and a scroll from the board of directors of this Association, in recognition of the great contribution that the UIS has made to national engineering during these 60 years.
Ecaes - 2007 - II: The UIS reaffirms its national position
Two students from Universidad Industrial de Santander ranked first in the Higher Education Quality Exams -ECAES - 2007 -II, Carlos Julián Arias Rangel from Chemical Engineering and Michel Contreras Puerto from Petroleum Engineering.
UIS receives quality certification from ICONTEC
This Thursday, May 29, at 11:00 a.m., the Universidad Industrial de Santander will receive the ISO 9001-2000 Quality Certification for the Strategic Processes, Evaluation Processes and Support Processes to the mission activity, from the Colombian Institute of Technical Standards, ICONTEC. The ceremony will be held at the Luis A. Calvo auditorium.
The UIS in the global GUNI network
The Universidad Industrial de Santander received the membership certificate accrediting it as a member of the Global University Network for Innovation-GUNI. With this recognition, the University joins the global network of innovative institutions, dedicated to the social commitment of higher education. This took place last April, during the IV International Conference on Higher Education in Barcelona.
UIS PROFESSOR ON THE BICENTENNIAL HONOR COMMITTEE
Presidential Decree 2585 of 2008 created the Honorary Commission for the celebration of the Two Hundred Years of National Independence Day; it includes the First Lady of the Nation, former Presidents of the Republic, important figures of intellectual life and historians, including Professor Armando Martínez Garnica, PhD, who in turn is part of the international coordination group that promotes this important national celebration.
UIS Rector: Appointed representative of universities in CSPME
In recognition of the leadership assumed by the Universidad Industrial de Santander in the development of entrepreneurship programs, business incubation and generation of initiatives for the creation of micro, small and medium enterprises, the rector Jaime Alberto Camacho Pico was appointed as representative of Colombian universities to the Superior Council of Small and Medium Enterprises - CSPME, of the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism.
UIS professor wins TWAS Mathematics Award
The Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), based in Trieste (Italy), through the Colombian Academy of Natural and Physical Sciences, awarded the TWAS Prize for Young Colombian Scientists to Elder Jesús VILLAMIZAR ROA, professor at the School of Mathematics of the Universidad Industrial de Santander, for his contributions in the field of differential equations.
UIS students obtained first and second place in the XII National OTTO DE GREIFF Competition.
Once again, students from the Universidad Industrial de Santander stood out in the XII Otto de Greiff National Competition. In the area of Natural Sciences, the work entitled STEREOSELECTIVE SYNTHESIS OF cis-4-HYDROXY-2-(2-TINYL)-TETRAHYDRO-1-BENZOAZEPINES, EMPLOYING A CONVERGENT ROUTE TO ACCESS THEIR KEY PRECURSORS, THE N -TENYL SUBSTITUTED ortho-ALYLANILINES, presented by the student of the School of Chemistry María Camila Blanco Jaimes, won first place. In the area of Creativity and Expression in Arts and Letters, the second place went to the work MEDIATIC BODY THE GLOBALIZED IMAGE OF THE HUMAN BODY, presented by the student of Fine Arts, Carlos Alberto Beltrán Arismendi.
UIS student won the Bayer Encuentro Juvenil Ambiental.
Ramiro Armando Calderón Russi, a fifth semester student of Chemical Engineering, was one of the two winners of the Bayer Encuentro Juvenil Ambiental - 2008 competition. Bio-oil from Botryococcus Braunii, CO2 free energy, was the name of the proposal presented in the public tender.
The UIS in the ECAES
The UIS once again excelled in the results of the Quality Examination for Higher Education, Ecaes, 2008 - 1, in the careers of Bacteriology, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Medicine, Chemistry and Bachelor's Degree in Modern Languages - English by obtaining important places in the classification made at the national level.
The first national place in Bacteriology was obtained by UIS student Paula Katherine Bautista Niño, for whom "the application of these tests becomes an opportunity to evaluate the level that the school has compared to other universities in the country".
ERA Group won first place in A+D robotics olympiad -Medellín
The Electronics & Applied Robotics group -ERA- of the Universidad Industrial de Santander won first place in the public tender held at the Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana in Medellin.
Duff & Phelps of Colombia awarded the AA rating to the UIS.
The firm Duff & Phelps de Colombia, S.A, a securities rating company, granted an AA rating to the Universidad Industrial de Santander's public debt payment capacity, which means that the Institution has a high credit quality and that the protection factors are very strong. It should be noted that this is a rating of the level of risk that can characterize an institution for long-term credits and in the case of the AA rating it indicates that the credit quality is very high since the indication of risk in the credit order is very low.
The UIS obtained first place in the distribution of budgetary resources by the CESU.
The Universidad Industrial de Santander obtained first place at the national level in the distribution of additional budgetary resources for this fiscal year, which is carried out annually by the National Higher Education Council (Consejo Nacional de Educación Superior -CESU-) at the request of the national government. These additional resources are distributed among the 32 public universities.
In compliance with Article 87 of Law 30, the corresponding amount for this fiscal year is Ps. 29,687 billion, of which Ps. 1,326,190,484 corresponds to the UIS.
New doctoral program at UIS in the areas of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Management of Technological Development in engineering.
The Ministerio de Educación Nacional granted the Qualified Registration to the Doctorate in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Management of Technological Development in Engineering of the Universidad Industrial de Santander, for the term of 7 years, through Resolution 9417 of December 12, 2008. This new academic achievement is framed within the Institutional Development Plan 2008-2018, through which it seeks to strengthen the Academy with special emphasis on Research, as an articulating axis of the mission activities, and in the vertical growth of the Institution, that is, at the level of master's and doctoral degrees.
MARCH 1, 2008
UIS HONORED FOR ITS 60TH ANNIVERSARY
- Departmental Order of Quality and Excellence in Management. Granted by the Honorable Departmental Assembly of Santander, according to Resolution No. 009 of 2008 (February 28).
- Decree of Honors of the Mayor's Office of Bucaramanga. By means of which Mayor Fernando Vargas Mendoza, pays tribute of recognition to the UIS, on the occasion of its Sixtieth Anniversary (March 1, 2008).
- Order of the City of Bucaramanga for "Scientific and Technological Merit". Granted to the Universidad Industrial de Santander, by the Honorable Municipal Council of Bucaramanga, according to Resolution No. 048 of 2008 (February 22).
- Special Recognition Tribute to the Alma Mater in celebration of 60 years of existence, by ASEDUIS.
- Recognition to the UIS. At the celebration of the Sixtieth Anniversary of the Foundation of the UIS, by ASEDUIS Bucaramanga Chapter.
- Scroll of congratulations and exaltation to the UIS. For its 60 years of historical life for the benefit of Santander and Colombia, awarded by the Santander Journalists Corporation.
- Motion for Recognition. Granted by the Employees Fund of the UIS, FAVUIS.
ECAES - 2007 -II UIS reaffirms its national academic quality
Two students from Universidad Industrial de Santander ranked first in the Higher Education Quality Exams -ECAES - 2007 -II, Carlos Julián Arias Rangel from Chemical Engineering and Michel Contreras Puerto from Petroleum Engineering.
POSITION AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL
|LAW||BARRAGÁN PACHÓN J MARIO||
|ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING||GONZÁLEZ GALEANO ALEXANDER||
|ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING||CASTRO VELÁSQUEZ CAMILO ALONSO||
|ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING||ARENAS MEJÍA JESUS EULIDES||
|ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING||CHAPARRO RESTREPO JAIME HERNÁN||
|ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING||REY VILLAMIZAR NICOLÁS||
|BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY – INSED||GARCÉS CASTAÑEDA NELLY||
|BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY – INSED||QUINTERO VÁSQUEZ WILLIAM||
|BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY – INSED||URIBE ENCISO MARÍA STELLA||
|TECNOLOGIA EMPRESARIAL – INSED||LINDARTE RIATIGA SANDRA MILENA||
|INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING||GALEANO RODRÍGUEZ GLADYS ANDREA||
|INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING||GÓMEZ ATUESTA DAVID FERNANDO||
|CIVIL ENGINEERING||BARAJAS SOLANO DAVID ALONSO||
|CIVIL ENGINEERING||GRANADOS RUEDA JAIME EDUARDO||
|CIVIL ENGINEERING||BENJUMEA ROYERO JOSE MIGUEL||
|CIVIL ENGINEERING||CALLE ESPARZA CESAR AUGUSTO||
|CHEMICAL ENGINEERING||ARIAS RANGEL CARLOS JULIÁN||
|CHEMICAL ENGINEERING||LIZARAZO SOLANO OSCAR JAVIER||
|CHEMICAL ENGINEERING||RAMÍREZ SANTOS ÁLVARO ANDRÉS||
|CHEMICAL ENGINEERING||CALDERÓN VERGARA ANDRÉS JOAQUÍN||
|MECHANICAL ENGINEERING||MORENO WANDURRAGA SERGIO HERNANDO||
|PETROLEUM ENGINEERING||CONTRERAS PUERTO OSCAR MICHEL||
|PETROLEUM ENGINEERING||PALMA BUSTAMANTE JORGE MARIO||
|PETROLEUM ENGINEERING||ROJAS ESCOBAR JORGE||
|PETROLEUM ENGINEERING||MONROY ZAPATA DIANA MARCELA||
|SYSTEMS ENGINEERING||CHIO OI JOSE ANTONIO||
|SOCIAL WORK||CARREÑO NUÑEZ DIANA MARCELA||
THE UIS EXCELLED IN THE OTTO DE GREIFF.
Once again, the UIS stood out in the XI version of the Otto de Greiff National Public Tender. In the area of Sustainable Development and Environment, it took first place with the work entitled: "Composition and distribution of the subtribe speletiinae (asteraceae) in the natural national parks El Cocuy, Pisba and Tama (Eastern Cordillera, Colombia)", presented by the Biology student Betsy Viviana Rodríguez Cabeza.
UIS reaffirms its national academic quality
With the first place obtained by the student JUAN FELIPE PEDRAZA AVELLA in the ECAES 2007 applied to the Physics career; the outstanding score obtained by 10 other students from different academic programs, and the outstanding positioning achieved by the Bacteriology career in each of the various areas of learning that are evaluated for each program, the Universidad Industrial de Santander reaffirms its commitment to professional training of excellence, as well as compliance with high quality standards in their academic processes.
UIS students who ranked among the top ten (10) nationally in their respective programs:
UIS OBTAINS 2ND PLACE IN THE VIII NATIONAL CONGRESS OF NEUROLOGY
With the purpose of encouraging the participation of research groups, specialists and undergraduate and graduate students in the realization and presentation of research papers, the Colombian Association of Neurology held in the city of Cali from August 17 to 19 of this year, the VIII National Congress of Neurology, in which the professor Julio Cesar Mantilla and the 10th semester student of Medicine, Nelson Cardenas Duran won 2nd place for the best research paper. The work entitled Neuropathological Findings of AIDS: report of 51 autopsy cases, carried out at the Department of Pathology and the University Hospital of Santander, aimed to define the most common neuropathological findings in our environment in patients who die of AIDS and to establish which are the most frequent opportunistic infections at the CNS level in these patients.
PREMIO CIENCIA PARA LA VIDA 2006.
Dr. Elena Stashenko received the "Science for Life 2006" award from The European Society For Separation Science at the International Chromatography Symposium in Copenhagen, Denmark.
NATIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE AWARD.
Professor of the School of History, JAIRO GUTIÉRREZ won the National Social Sciences Award "Alejandro Ángel Escobar", with the work entitled: "Las rebeliones realistas de los indios de Pasto durante las guerras de Independencia. A socio-historical interpretation". This award, considered the highest scientific distinction granted in the country in all areas of Science: Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences; Social and Human Sciences, and Environment and Sustainable Development, is conferred by the Alejandro Angel Escobar Foundation.
AWARD FOR THE INTEGRAL WORK OF A SCIENTIST.
Professor Edgar Páez, from the School of Chemistry of the UIS, has been awarded the "Prize for the Integral Work of a Scientist", granted by the Colombian Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences, 2007 version.
AWARD FOR THE BEST FOOD RESEARCH PROJECT.
Professors Gloria Esperanza Prada Gómez and Óscar Fernando Herrán received the "Best Food and Nutrition Research Project Award" from the Colombian Association of Dietitians and Nutritionists.
PREMIO RICARDO LLERAS CODAZZI.
Oswaldo Mantilla Muñoz, Geology student of our University, has been awarded the premio Ricardo Lleras Codazzi: "A prize for academic excellence", granted by the Colombian Society of Geology. Oswaldo Mantilla obtained the second place, Meritorious Category, with the thesis "Correlación bioestratigráfica de foramníferos planctónicos en el intervalo Cenomaniano- Tauroniano, Cuencas del Putumayo y Catatumbo".
SCHOLARSHIP FOR PROFESSOR UIS.
Johanna Lizeth Pinilla Velandia, UIS Systems Engineer and professor at the same university, obtained a scholarship to study a Master's Degree in Mathematical Engineering, granted by the Corporation for Studies in France, CEF, a program created by the French Embassy in association with some Colombian organizations, entities and institutions of higher education. Johanna Lizeth is the seventh UIS beneficiary of this program, which our University has been part of for five years.
SCHOLARSHIP FOR PROFESSOR UIS.
119 Colombians were selected to access the Alban Scholarship program of the European Union, among them, Javier Orlando Aguirre Román, professor of the School of Philosophy, who will pursue a Doctorate in Philosophy at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
UIS STUDENTS: FIRST IN THE NATIONAL INTERLEAGUE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIP.
At the conclusion of the National Interleague Skating Championship in Bucaramanga, the participation of Carlos Eduardo Prada Rodríguez and Leidy Bibiana Alvarado Patiño, students of Electrical Engineering and Industrial Engineering respectively, was highlighted.
OUTSTANDING PARTICIPATION OF THE UIS IN THE COLOMBIAN CONGRESS OF PHYTOCHEMISTRY.
At the IX Colombian Congress of Phytochemistry, held at the Technological University of Pereira, UIS Chemistry students Martha Olivares and Deyny Mendivels won first place with the poster "Chemical Composition of the Volatile Secondary Metabolites of Pelargonium graveolens as a function of the extraction method and the time of collection of the plant material".
In the oral presentation category, the winning paper was entitled "Annual Variation of the Chemical Composition of the Essential Oil of Ylang-Ylang Form (Cananga Odarata Hook Fill Et Thompson, genuine form)" by Chemical Engineer Miguel Leyva and Chemist Carlos Ruiz.
CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC AWARDS THE UIS: "ANTI-CORRUPTION MEDAL".
On Friday, February 9, in a solemn act, the Universidad Industrial de Santander received the Luis Carlos Galán Sarmiento Medal for the Fight Against Corruption from the boards of the Honorable Senate and the Ethics and Statute Commission of the Congressman.
The Congress of the Republic, based on the previous study carried out by the Ethics and Statute of the Congressman commissions of the Senate of the Republic and the House of Representatives, approved to grant the Universidad Industrial de Santander the "LUIS CARLOS GALÁN MEDAL FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION", in compliance with the provisions of Law 668 of 2001 by which it is established to grant this distinction annually "... to the natural or legal person who has worked in an exemplary manner in the fight against corruption".
UIS STUDENTS IN THE FIRST PLACES.
Since 2003, when the ECAES tests - Higher Education Quality Examinations - began, the Universidad Industrial de Santander has occupied the first places. In the last test, applied in the second semester of 2006, five students occupied the first positions and thirty more were in the first ten places, which ratifies the academic quality that is imparted in our Alma Mater.
Those first positions were obtained by: Cristian Henry Mora Aponte, Industrial Engineering student; Julio Cibel Caro Torres, Electrical Engineering student; Alfonso Rafael Fragoso Amaya, Petroleum Engineering student; Wilmar Uribe Soto, Chemical Engineering student; and Suth Yolima Bermudez, Social Work student.
In addition to these results, students ranked in the top 10 nationally:
CRHISTIAN MORA, TOP SCORER AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL.
In the last ECAES test -November 2006- CRISTIAN HENRY MORA APONTE, a student of Industrial Engineering, obtained the best national result.
EXCELLENT PARTICIPATION OF THE UIS IN THE NATIONAL CONGRESS OF ANESTHESIOLOGY.
The UIS, through the Postgraduate Program in Anesthesiology, obtained five awards at the XXVII National Congress of Anesthesiology held in the city of Santa Marta from March 15 to 18, 2007. The categories in which the University's research projects participated and which occupied outstanding positions are:
Concurso Juan Marín
The work "Adequate transfusion index at the Hospital Universitario de Santander" came in third place among 16 research projects presented. It was developed by doctors Héctor Julio Meléndez, María del Pilar Zambrano and Ximena Martínez.
Rafael Peña Castro Public Tender: About Regional Anesthesia
Among 17 papers that were submitted, the UIS presented the following.
"Efficacy of Midazolam Fentany on nausea and vomiting under regional anesthesia at cesarean section. Controlled clinical trial." First place. Carried out by doctors Javier García and Carlos García.
"Effect of position and post-puncture headache. Controlled clinical trial". Fourth place. Carried out by doctors Héctor Julio Meléndez, Mario Javier García, Alejandro Bayter and Fabián Ibáñez.
"Post-puncture headache. Case-control study". Fifth place. Performed by doctors Héctor Julio Meléndez Flórez and Luz Elena Figueroa.
Jorge Colmenares Public Tender for Certified Anesthesiologists
The paper entitled "Successful insertion and ventilation of Laryngeal Tube and Laryngeal Mask by inexperienced Anesthesiologists" was presented and obtained the first place. This work was presented by doctors Héctor Julio Meléndez Flórez, Roselly Gale and Javier Álvarez.See more.
Universidad Industrial de Santander has the Campus agreement with Microsoft of Colombia which in the Microsoft licensing scheme is called Microsoft Open Value Subscription for Educations solutions (OVS-ES) to meet the software needs for students, teachers and employees.
What is a Microsoft Open Value Subscription - OVS?
Microsoft Volume Licensing Open Value Subscription for Educations solutions (OVS-ES) provides qualified academic customers of all sizes with a simplified way to purchase Microsoft software and services under a single subscription agreement. EES provides assured coverage for desktop platform products through a single annual employee count, the ability to add Additional Products when needed, student licensing options, and Software Assurance benefits.
For academic customers who license software by Subscription and manage software on multiple devices, licensing programs such as OVS-ES can offer the most economical way to purchase licenses.
What products does it include?
• Desktop Education: Packaged product that includes Microsoft products for implementation on any computer of the University, whether Administrative or use of laboratories for Students:
This product includes:
• Windows operating system latest version released by Microsoft: The University may install on all its computers where the hardware configuration allows the latest version of Windows released by Microsoft, as long as you have a license prior to the operating system you want to install.
• Office Suite Professional Plus 2010: Microsoft Office Professional Edition, offers well-known office applications designed for the creation, analysis, presentation and transmission of documents in collaborative media: email, calendar and document retrieval.
This office suite includes:
- Microsoft Word (Procesador de Palabras)
- Microsoft Excel (Hoja de Calculo)
- Microsoft Power Point (Creador de Presentaciones)
- Microsoft Publisher ( Creador de Tarjetas, Carteles, membretes, etc.)
- Microsoft Outlook (Mensajeria y Agenda)
- Microsoft Acces ( Manejador de Base de Datos)
- Antivirus Forefront Endpoint Subscription License (SL)
- Antivirus Forefront Protection Suite SL
- Antivirus Forefront Unified Access Gateway CAL
- Windows CAL
- SC Configuration Manager CAL
- Exchange Standard CAL
- Lync Server Standard CAL
- Windows Rights Management CAL
- SC Operations Manager Client ML
- SC Data Protection Manager Client ML
- SC service Manager Client ML
- Exchange Enterprise CAL
- Sharepoin Enterprise CAL
- Lync Server Enterprise CAL
• VISIO PREMIUM: Advanced diagramming tools in Visio 2010 simplify complex tasks with dynamic, data-driven visuals and new ways to share the web in real time.
• PROJECT PROFESSIONAL: (PROJECT MANAGER) Microsoft Project Professional provides a powerful and visually enhanced way to manage a wide range of projects and programs effectively. Through a new and intuitive experience, this solution provides the planning, management and business, people and team collaboration tools needed to meet crucial deadlines or choose the right resources for a team, among other objectives.
• VISUAL STUDIO PROFESSIONAL: Microsoft Visual Studio is a powerful Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that ensures quality code throughout the application lifecycle, from design to implementation. If you're developing apps for Sharepoint, the web, Windows, Windows Phone, and beyond, Visual Studio is your all-in-one solution.
What are the benefits of this agreement?
- Discount on prices and counting of employees and non-teams.
- ASSURANCE software.
- Educational Resources for Students and Teachers
- Training and access to online content E-learning.
- Platform update to latest versions
- Telephone and online technical support.
Where and how are products purchased for teachers, administrative employees and students?
To enter the Microsoft Imagine downloads (Windows 7, Visual Studio, Visio, Project, Windows Server, among others) you must enter the following address:
There you must register, using as "Username" your institutional email account with domain @correo.uis.edu.co or @uis.edu.co. If you are not active or have difficulties registering within the platform, send email@example.com email, informing if you are a teacher, student or administrative employee.
Download Microsoft office latest version from your institutional email account.
Procedure to request the installation of Microsoft Office latest version for the different UAA's.
The different Academic Administrative Units will request the installation of the licensed products in the equipment that corresponds to the inventory of the University. By calling extension 2164 or through the request manager (new versions) or WhatsApp line 304 5368 429.
Matlab - Simulink
In order to provide new technological tools, Universidad Industrial de Santander since 2016 acquired the corporate licensing of the software: MATLAB (Matrix (Laboratory): High-level programming language, of mathematical origin, easy to learn, oriented to scientific calculation, engineering and technology.
Approximately 6000 students and teachers enjoy this benefit. Matlab can be installed in any of the UIS laboratories on the main campus or headquarters, on desktops, laptops and cell phones of students, teachers and researchers (local or remote). Likewise, all the rooms of the CENTIC Building have this software.
MATLAB is a powerful collection of tools for algorithmic development in teaching, learning, and research processes in science (mathematics, physics, biology, and chemistry), engineering, technology, economics, biology, medicine, and other areas.
MATLAB is also used for data analysis and provides 15 types of data. Apart from numbers in vectors, arrays and matrices, it accepts characters and graphic objects (lines, images, text and their combinations).
An important feature of MATLAB is its ability to be used in the modeling and simulation of dynamic systems, hence its wide use in different engineering. At UIS, the curricula of engineering programs feature courses in which MATLAB can be used as if it were an appropriate language for teaching different subjects. For example, it is noted that MATLAB can be used in about 75% of the credits of engineering courses (78% Electrical Engineering, 82% Electronic Engineering), although exceptions may be presented.
In the different areas of engineering, its principles can be described mathematically, with the accompaniment of simulation and graphics. MATLAB covers those environments.
MATLAB can be turned into a portable virtual lab, dedicated to modeling, designing, simulating, testing, and implementing physical, engineering, and technological systems.
If you have any questions or concerns about installing Matlab, please contact the Information Services Division, extension: 1250.
Visual IdentityCORPORATE VISUAL IDENTITY MANUAL
- UIS Institutional Template 74 years - Powerpoint
- Table identifiers for events
- Labels (sticker) Institutional CD
- Institutional CD case cover